Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Giving in...

Yea, yea, yea I know...a blog right?

Who would have thought I would be actually sitting down and typing out a paragraph/page, when is wasn't required? I mean, I can't stand typing papers. In fact, I would probably do some strange things to get out of writing a paper. I really don't even enjoy Facebook all that much. I know, I know....crazy right?

All that being said, I feel like this is a way for me to say what I want to say. Whether it's a growing experience or something that may have knocked me down, I want it to be useful to someone else who might be struggling with those same things. I know a lot of my mistakes could have been avoided if I had some insight on what was to come.

Most of all, I want people to hold me accountable for allowing God to be the commander of my life.  I try so hard to live the right way, eat the right way, speak the right way, work the right way, etc. But most of the time I find myself making what some would say was progress, just to fall back into the same pattern and mold. Ok. So what? What's the problem with that? Everybody makes mistakes. True. Nobody's perfect. But, the point is that in all those situations, I'm the one making decisions, not God. He's supposed the the commander-in-chief of my life! I try so hard to please God, and make-up for the mistakes I've made, and I completely miss the point of having and intimate relationship with God. When your intimately close with the God I serve, those decisions will become second nature. That's what I want. I want a relationship with God that compels me to become the "Christ-like" believer I'm called to be.

I'm gonna get a little cliche, but bear with me....

On June 5, 2010, I married my best-friend. For real. She is my complete other half and I seriously would not be where I am today if it not had been for her. I have a wife that truly Loves the God she serves. I thank God everyday that he placed her in my life, and put it on her heart to bring us out of the path we were heading towards. I couldn't have ever done it by myself.  I love you babe, and thank you so much for being the wonderful person you are. You truly are a gift from God and I can't wait to grow old with you...

So. I hope this thing is both encouraging and entertaining because no one wants to read a boring paragraph about my life, so I'll do my best to spice it up every now and then. But seriously.

"May my words and thoughts be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my sheltering rock and my redeemer."
Psalms 19:14

4 comments:

  1. You are precious :) I'm so glad I coaxed you in to joining the blogging world! I Loveee You & this post made me tear up...but what else is new haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See its easier than it looks. Its amazing how words just flow through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Derek,
    I found you through Tyler's blog which I found through his mom's blog. Isn't blog world fantastic? anyway..... I so enjoy seeing people honor God with their lives.

    I look forward to reading your blog.

    Have a Blessed day,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete